Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Skinny Clothes

...we all have them, whether it be a pair of jeans, a dress, a skirt, each and every one of us have our "Skinny Clothes". The clothes that are just that little bit too snug when they were purchased, couldn't quite do up the zipper but we wanted them just that much. When you do wear them and they fit you feel as though you could conquer the world. You know what I'm talking about right????

Well, I have a skinny skirt. I bought it many, many, many years ago, it's a classic pencil skirt, a cute little slit on the back, no waistband and zips up on the side with an eye and hook to keep it all together. When I bought it, it didn't fit, I knew it didn't fit but it was on clearance, I loved the color and I wanted it. So I bought it. When I was first losing weight back in 2005, before I had my car accident I was able to wear my skinny skirt a couple of times. I was thrilled then and very proud to be able to wear my skinny skirt. Which by the way is a size 24. Now I realize, that isn't a lot of people's idea of a skinny skirt, but when you usually by the elastic waistband, yards of material, a size 24 pencil skirt is your skinny skirt!!

Since January, every once in a while, I'll pull out the skinny skirt and see how we are doing. I have to admit, when I pulled it out of the closet Monday morning, I didn't have a lot of high hopes for it. However, I slipped it on(notice I said slipped, there was no pulling, tugging or jumping up and down!), did up the hook and eye and zipped it up. I stood on my tippy toes to look in the bathroom mirror to see how it looked, then went through to my husband's office to see what he thought. He said it looked good, it wasn't too tight, there were no bulges or tight seams. So, I wore my skinny skirt to work.

Yes indeed. I wore my skinny skirt, and I'm proud of it, one more goal accomplished!

Now, I have to go shopping (insert evil laugh here) and get myself another skinny skirt, maybe, just maybe this time I'll buy it in a regular department store!

No comments:

Post a Comment