Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Did it!

I went to the gym this morning at 6am. I must be crazy! I had planned last night that if I was up I would TRY to go to the gym. When I first woke up, I thought, no, I don't want to. Mind you when I first woke up it was before 530am, after the dog jumped on the bed and cuddled for a few minutes he needed out, so up I got and took him out the back for his morning business. I came back in and was about to climb back into bed when I decided, what's the point? I'm not going to go back to sleep, my husband has to get up in a few minutes and that means I'll spend the next two and a half hours sitting on the couch before I have to go to work.

Instead I got washed, dressed, kissed my husband good bye and headed to the gym. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do when I got there but I figured it would come to me. Well, it turns out at my gym, the ladies only section is much busier in the mornings then it is in the afternoons. Besides two treadmills, the only other cardio machine available was the Stair Stepper machine. Now I didn't feel like walking, I don't really enjoy walking on the treadmill, not sure why I don't but that's the way it is. Instead, I stood at the stair climber, psyched myself up, climed on and started climbing. I did great!!! I set it up for 45 minutes at level 3 to start, moved it up to level 4, then level 5 and by the time I was done I was at level 6. Level 6!!! for 45 minutes!!! The first time I climbed onto that little machine about 9 months ago, I couldn't even do 5 minutes on level 1. Look at me go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment