Friday, November 13, 2009

Choice

as defined by the same dictionary, as before, obviously the only dictionary I have LOL;-)
1a. act of choosing, b. thing or person chosen, 2. range from which to choose, 3. power of opportunity to choose.

The power of opportunity to choose...wow! What a clear message, the POWER of OPPORTUNITY to CHOOSE.  I have the power to choose the right thing.  I have the power to choose the wrong thing.  That's a pretty heavy concept.  I have the opportunity to choose the right or wrong thing.

I think for a huge part of my life, I did choose the wrong thing.  A lot of time I did choose the right thing.  Right now, today, yesterday and tomorrow, I'm choosing to do the right thing for me.
It doens't matter that I am choosing the proper food to eat, choosing to go to the gym or stay at home.  I have the power over what I choose to do. 

I chose to go to the gym tonight,I was tired, I didn't really feel like going.  I could have stayed home, watched tv, a movie, or read a book, but I made the choice to go to the gym.  I feel better for it, I moved this tired body of mine around for almost two hours.  I did 30 minutes on the Elliptical, I did 15 minutes on the Stairclimber, I did 45 minutes of weights and finished up with 15 minutes on the treadmill.  The choice I made today, will affect my tomorrow. 

I'm glad I got active today, because I want to choose the better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment