Thursday, January 7, 2010

On the Road again!

...on the road to health and happiness. For some reason as I finished up stretching at the gym, that song by Willie Nelson popped into my head. I didn't think anything of it as anyone who truly knows me, knows there is always a song or two rumbling around the old noggin. I just thought it was extremely funny when I got into the car to head home, and turned on the radio to hear the announcer say,"and now, here's Willie Nelson, On the road again." I laughed and laughed, how prosaic was that!

I thought it was too funny but maybe it's just my mood tonight. It was a long day at work, as so many of them are this day it seems. Stress and worries and so the game goes. I went and saw my doctor about this stupid head cold that just won't quite. He's not overly thrilled about it and I have to go get a whack of blood tests down tomorrow to please him, but he did give me my monthly B12 shot so hopefully that will help with the total lack of energy portion of the program. We'll just have to wait and see.

As previously stated, I did get to the gym tonight and I did work my little fanny off. I used the stair climber for my cardio, 30 minutes on it, I did the interval program, with the lower interval being level 7 and the higher interval being level 9. It did indeed get my heart pumping though, after my cardio I did a half hour of weights, as it's been a while I thought I would take it easy but I'm happy to report I didn't do that. I challenged myself by bumping all of my weights up a level. It was a hard on the first rep, and even harder on the second, the third reps I went to exhaustion as I wasn't getting the full 15 counts in. Pretty good I think. I took a full five minutes to stretch afterwards as it's been so long since I worked out and I do want to be able to move tomorrow. I still really did kick it out tonight though as my Activity chart will show, my heart rate stayed up and my calories burned was great!

All in all, the day turned out pretty all right. I'm not going to complain, I worked hard at the gym and hopefully that will pay off in my weigh in on Saturday. I will be going to the gym again tomorrow night to get in my version of a last chance work out. I have to work on Saturday morning at 8am so I'll be able to go for weigh in(that starts at 730am) but I won't be able to stay for the meeting. This will be the first meeting I've missed since rejoining weight watchers. I don't want to make a habit of that!

Today's Activity Accountability chart:

Date Jan 7th
Activity Cardio/Eights
Duration 1hr 5 min 34sec
Time in Zone 1 hour 1min 5 sec
Avg Heart Rate 142
Max Heart Rate 163
Calories 1022

No comments:

Post a Comment