Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Christmas is my favorite time of year! I love getting together with family and friends. Catching up, hosting parties, hosting family. It's great all together. It's been a little rough. I've been fighting a horrible cold for going on two weeks now. Every couple of days I'll start to feel much better and then wham! I feel like I have been hit by a tonne of bricks. This unfortunately has meant that I haven't been getting a lot of activity in. I've simply been too exhausted or feeling too terrible. Even now, I feel as though my head weighs 50 pounds.

HOWEVER, I do need to get my activity going again. I didn't have an official weigh in yesterday as Weight Watchers was closed due to Boxing day, so I stepped on my own scale. A little afraid, as I haven't been tracking what I've been eating, simply because I haven't been feeling well. I did give myself permission not to count points on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I didn't count points, but I really did limit what I ate. I chose carefully and only had a little bit of each delectable item. I also made the HUGE decision not to do any baking this year. That's right, I didn't bake anything.

The way I see it, if I bake it, it means I have to eat it. My husband will eat it as well, but we're both doing so well with our exercises and weight loss that I didn't want to put a roadblock in our way. So... I simply didn't bake. The end result. I was up three pounds yesterday. Yep. Three pounds. I'm not surprised really considering I weighed my self the morning after my second Christmas dinner. I do mean full Christmas dinner. I'm also not disappointed. I knew that I was going to gain. I have six days until I have another official weigh in and that is my goal this week. I'm going to lose those three pounds, no matter how tired I am, or how horrible I feel, I'm going to be going to the gym, each and every night. I have work to do and I have to get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment