Thursday, December 3, 2009

A day of NSV's...

For those of you who don't know what a NSV is, it's a Non Scale Victory. It's a victory in my weight loss path that is not necessarily related to my weight on the scale. Today, I had a whole bunch of them. I had the kind of day, that makes you think, I can do this, I will do this!

NSV #1. My loving husband gave me a gorgeous pendant for Christmas two years ago. It's a beautiful necklace but when I first got it, it was too tight so I had to purchase an extender for it. I haven't worn it for quite some time but wanted to wear it today so I put it on, looked in the mirror and the pendant was hidden by my top. I took it off, took off the extender and put the necklace back on and it fits perfectly. The pendant is laying right where it is supposed to! HAPPY DANCE!!!

NSV #2. My husband drove my car last, and as he is much thinner then me, he usually moves the seat up and I move it back, well this morning, I just slid right into the driver's seat. I looked over at the passenger seat thinking perhaps he had moved it back but no, the driver's seat was ahead of the passenger seat so it was where he left it. An added bonus, my tummy isn't rubbing on the steering wheel! HAPPY DANCE!!!

NSV #3. I forgot part of my lunch at home today so I decided I would go to Subway to get a 6inch sub. The closest one is about a kilometre from work so on my lunch I decided to walk to Subway. I walked to Subway, had my lunch and walked back all within a half hour! HAPPY DANCE, HAPPY DANCE, HAPPY DANCE!!!!

NSV #4. My husband and I went to a Christmas dinner for a group that he is a member of. It was a buffet Turkey dinner with all of the trimmings! Turkey, dressing, carnberries, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, beans, salad, deserts! OH MY!!! I did fabulous. I took about 4oz of White Turkey meat, 1/4 cup of mashed potato, salad and green beans. I left the rest off of my plate. No Dressing, no gravy, no rolls, no deserts. AND I LOVED MY DINNER!!!!!

I'm so proud of myself. I did go back for seconds, of salad! That's all I had. I feel so good about facing tonight's challenge head on and doing so well at it. There were even little cups of Hershey's Kisses at our table setting, I LOVE Hershey's kisses, but I didn't have single one. I wasn't even tempted!

Then to top it all of, one of the members of the club who attends the same gym as we do, congratulated me on winning the Greatest Loser contest and told me that I'm looking really good.

What a great way to start the holiday season! Here's to many more NSV's in the future.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I am SO proud of you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fantastic day, full of NSV's. Great work!

    ReplyDelete