Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I am Truly Honoured

I have been involved with various Cancer functions for a few years now. I am passionate about doing something about this disease and I do tend to jump in feet first to heck with the results. Back in January I heard an advertisement on my local radio station that the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation was looking for volunteer's in my area to help with the CIBC Run for the Cure. I grabbed a pen and wrote the phone number on my hand as I was driving to work. I called through, spoke to someone and then forwarded my resume and their volunteer application to them.

Long story short. I have been selected as the Co-Run Director for the Abbotsford CIBC Run for the Cure. I am truly honoured to be selected for this position and I am truly hoping that my previous experience and expertise will help this to be a great event.

If you are interested in helping to raise money for cancer research, please contact your local Cancer Society office and ask how you can volunteer. Your few hours a month can make the world of difference to the lives of people living with, and fighting this disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment