Saturday, February 13, 2010

Getting Focused.

Hi~~~~
It's just me, the person who apparently fell off the face of the earth for almost two weeks. I'm still here...kinda...sorta.

It's been a hard few weeks, mostly work related, a lot happening through head office, I'm short staffed now in both offices as one my ladies is off having knee surgery.

Life has been hectic, it really and truly has, I have not stepped foot inside of the gym since January 29th.

It's horrible I know...I'm finding myself slipping back into my old patterns, even worse I haven't been tracking my points. I thought I was doing all right. If you all recall three weeks ago, I was up 2 pounds, the following week, I lost two pounds, last week I maintained, didn't lose, didn't gain.

This week however, different story, I've gained another two pounds. I'm not trying to make excuses. I know what I've done. I had a packed week this week and I've used that as my reason for not getting to the gym.

On Sunday, I had the day off, I could have gone to the gym in the morning but I didn't. I was tired and grumpy and we were hosting a combination Olympic Torch/Super bowl party. You see the Olympic Torch was going right by my street, so we invited a few friends over to watch the super bowl and go up and see the torch as it passed by. That was Sunday.

Monday I didn't go to the gym, my husband wasn't feeling well so I used that as my excuse not to go the gym.

Tuesday was belly dancing class, so yes I got in some activity, followed by two hours of sitting on the couch munching on veggies and dip while watching the Biggest Loser.

Wednesday, I had my team captains meeting for Relay for Life. It didn't start until 7 and I was home by 830 so I could have gone to the gym, but I chose not to.

Thursday, I was meeting some friends for dinner, at a Greek Restaurant, a really, really good Greek Restaurant. Where I ate way too much food, and had food that I had no business having! Really, did I need to have the melted Greek cheese smeared onto a fried pita? No, but I did. I didn't get home until 10pm, so that was my reason for not going to the gym.

Friday, it was my dad's birthday so over to my parents we went where we had an awesome spaghetti and meatball dinner, with garlic bread and Black forest cake. We then sat and watched the opening ceremonies of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games.

So...no gym for me there either, so I really was busy every evening. But do I have to go the gym in the evening? Is there a reason why I can't go in the morning when I'm going to be busy in the evening? There is no reason other than my own total lack of dedication and will power. I'm not a morning person, but still, I should gone in the morning.

This two pounds I've gained back have me really annoyed. I really need to get myself focused and get moving on and up with the whole program. Time is a wasting and it's not going to wait for me.

So here's to a fresh start, a new day, a new week and getting back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment