Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm baaaacccckkkkk!!!

After two weeks away, I am thrilled to be home again. Don't get me wrong, please. I enjoyed every minute of my vacation. I enjoyed spending so much quality time with my husband. I enjoyed the ship we were on, I enjoyed our cabin, I enjoyed our ports of call, I enjoyed our days at sea. I enjoyed it all! I enjoyed going to the ships gym almost everyday. (Yes, there were two days that I did not work out), I enjoyed meeting new people and making new friends. I enjoyed the food, the drinks and the company. It was a FANTASTIC Vacation. Totally and completely stress free, sitting back, relaxing and reading a book or two or three or four. It was fabulous!!!

So why am I so happy to be home? I'm happy to see my family, my friends and my animals!!! I sure did miss these fluffy little beasts.
"Duncan"


"Angus"
I missed sleeping in my own bed, with my own pillow. I missed cooking. I really and truly did. I missed making my own meals, cooking things the way that I want to cook them with ingredients that I know. I missed my routine.

I'm looking forward to getting back into the regiment of what it is that makes up my daily life. I'm looking forward to planning out our meals for the next week, to making that grocery list, to doing our shopping and our planning and getting it all taken care of. I'm looking forward to it all. Most of all, I'm looking forward to getting back into my own gym, with equipment that I know, to do my weights without having to adapt from free weights to machines. To using the BOSU and the excercise ball. I guess this means that my lifestyle changes have taken root. How about that!?! I didn't track my points while I was away, but I tried to eat within reason and I tried to make some of the better choices, (We'll just forget about the cheese and the chocolate deserts that I shared with my husband). The reckoning will come on Saturday when I go for my weigh in. I did step on the scale tonight when I got home and I'll be honest, I was pleasantly surprised at how I did while I was away. Two weeks of eating out for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, didn't take as large a toll as I thought they might.

Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz was right....there's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment